I am badly outnumbered in my family. For a couple of years before my son was born it was estrogen 4, testosterone 1! My wife had given me three daughters in a row and when the nurse brought our fourth child out of delivery and said "It's a boy!", I said "You lyin!"
Anyway, one fine Tuesday I took my wife and (at the time) two daughters to town for some reason. The girls were both old enough to understand the consequences of misbehavior and they were duly warned as we loaded up the car. The trip went well and they were both angels, so I turned to the back seat and said "Girls, y'all were so good, I think we ought to get us a ice cream sundae!" My daughters looked at each other for a moment before the youngest spoke up and said "Daddy we don't want an ice cream sundae, we want an ice cream Tuesday!" They always amaze me!
No comments:
Post a Comment