Featured Post

Honey, where did we put that.....?

There had been a glass coaster on which my wife had set a red candle on the kitchen table for months. As the Christmas season approached, my...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Scratching my head!

I consider myself a fairly sensible man. I know what's right and what's wrong most of the time. I would  think that there are others who cater to the same lines of thought. This being said, I'm " scratchin " my head over some recent events.

In the first place, what judge with good sense would even hear a case involving whether a cake was baked or not?  Is there not enough cases of true crime to keep a judge busy? I mean, come on now. In years past judges refused to hear such nonsense...I'm scratchin my head!

I hear that some type of courage award is to be given to a man named Jenner who now wears women's clothes. Since when did the United States of America consider it courageous to glorify such idiocy?  There are people in this country who have been maimed serving her. There are people who have put their own lives in danger to save others. There are people who have overcome great hardships in service to our country or countrymen, yet, they are somehow undeserving of a courage award, and, second to, of all things, a male nut in a dress....I'm scratchin my head!

What's going on with this Supreme Court ruling that allows a couple of the same gender to call themselves married? Again I ask, don't they have better things to judge than something like this? Oh yes, I had forgotten their ruling on Obamacare! ...which of course, they, the President, and the congress are exempted from. I can see nothing but detriment for our country from both of these rulings. Are you happy to be paying for your own health insurance and for someone else who had rather drive a Cadillac than buy their own? Have you tried to see a doctor lately? In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, " Good grief!"....I 'm scratchin my head!

I turned the TV on this morning and there was the man we call our President lauding the fact that he and his Secretary of State had reached a "deal" with Iran over the development of nuclear weapons there.  Does our President fear Iran? I remember when this nation would demand a cease and desist, and, back it up with the most powerful military in the world.  What's changed? Why should we cower down to a nation that cannot be trusted and wants nothing better than to destroy us? What does our great ally in the Middle East, Israel, think of us now? ....I'm scratchin my head!

I have seen in my lifetime a change in public sentiment from "Work hard to get ahead" to "I 'm entitled to a free ride". Doesn't the constitution say we are entitled to life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness, and doesn't a pursuit require a bit of work on our part?.... I 'm scratchin my head!

The list of things that make a sensible man scratch his head goes on and on. I've not commented on the Mexican border situation, nor, the President's redistribution of wealth policies. Frivolous lawsuits are heard every day, I have absolutely no confidence in our President, I don't think our society's morals are what they ought to be, and, I worry that my children and grandchildren will not be able to live their lives with as much freedom as I have enjoyed.

God bless America...I 'll just keep scratchin my head and let Him handle it!




No comments:

Post a Comment